Beach reopens following fatal shark attack!
Swimmers have returned to the water at Port Kennedy, south of Perth, four days after a man was believed to have been taken by a great white shark.
Authorities on Wednesday said they had reopened the Cote d'Azur Gardens beach where 51-year-old Brian Guest, of Mandurah, disappeared while snorkelling with his son on Saturday.
Several shark sightings have been made in the days since, including a "huge" white pointer which surfaced beside the dinghy of a local fisherman and his wife on Tuesday.
Rockingham Mayor Barry Sammels said no sharks had been sighted during aerial and sea patrols in the last 24 hours and "beach closed" signs had been taken down.
"Our rangers met on site down at Port Kennedy this morning in consultation with the water police," Mr Sammels told ABC Radio.
"There've been no reported incidents last night or this morning.
"There's been a helicopter flyover and we decided to reopen the beach."
No trace has been found of Mr Guest apart from pieces of his wetsuit which were found on Saturday, close to the spot where witnesses said he was attacked.